Due to an uptick in requests for new blog posts, (I mean, it's only been like, two years) I'm starting this thing up again. You could say I'm starting 'from scratch', but that would only be true in one sense. Back to the point- this post is on 'From Scratch' but I'm going in a new direction. In the past two years, and perhaps even longer than that, I've realized that sustainability and environmentalism isn't reading or writing an article, or recycling, it's a way of life. It's an adaption of a mindset and habits. Thus, I'd like to focus my blog on a new concept- I propose "One/Day" or "One a Day", like the women's vitamin, but not in vitamin form. I'm going to post at least one new thing I learn, discover, re-learn, or just want to share with you guys. There will be less of an emphasis on sustainability or green-ness, and more of an emphasis on a life pro tip to share. Less pressure = more creativity, ...
After hearing about organic farming practices in Tasikmalaya, West Java, a skeptical young entrepreneur took a trip to the region to see the farms. When she arrived, instead of finding well-structured agricultural practices, she met desperate farmers lost in the bureaucratic scuffle of organic certification and export regulations. Inspired by their plateaued dreams, Emily Sutanto decided to take on the project as their leader. Sutanto, the director for Bloom Agro International, was born in Indonesia but moved overseas when she was 9 and has since lived all over the world. “I studied mass communication and international management while at university in Los Angeles, [but] I was never interested in the environment or ecosystems before visiting the farms in Tasikmalaya,” she said. Sutanto was initially convinced that the claim of organic farming in the region was just a front, an advertising technique. “This is Indonesia and there are so many fraudulent organic products out there that hav...
Comments
Post a Comment